Finally!

May. 29th, 2006 08:07 pm
wordwhacker: (Default)
So I finally did some major editing on the first chapter of "Blue Goo" (using that as a working title instead of "Adventures in Boringville").

How major, you ask? Well, it goes a little something like this:
Original word count: 3,400
New word count: 1,400

So that's about 60% of the original word count, gone. Most of that comes from deleting the entire opening section with Casey at home with Mom. Instead I start where Paul gets on the bus. I also hacked at their dialogue until it went a whooole lot quicker. The beginning of chapter 2 will have the bare essentials of exposition that got deleted from chapter one, but most of it is staying in the can, I think.

I feel GOOD. I think the opening chapter is a LOT stronger now and has punch where it lacked it before. I also feel like it's fitting better with my intended age group.

Did some writing today for yet another children's novel concept that popped into my head over the past month or two. I've tried starting it two or three times, and the writing I'm doing still needs to be heavily banged into shape, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Profile

wordwhacker: (Default)
wordwhacker

March 2011

S M T W T F S
  12345
6 789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 24th, 2017 08:37 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios